NOTE: Throughout the manual, any reference to an employee shall also be applicable to a sub-contractor.
- Management will be responsible and held accountable for providing a safe work environment with proper equipment, training and procedures. This shall include employees and sub-contractors planning and designing safety into each of their operations. Management shall also ensure that hazards are identified and controlled and that incidents are investigated and corrective measures taken.
- All employees and sub-contractors have the right to work in a safe environment. Employees have the right to refuse unsafe work if that work puts the employee in imminent danger.
- All employees and sub-contractors will be responsible for following all rules, practices, policies, procedures, adhering to government regulations, wearing required personal protective equipment, identifying hazards and taking appropriate corrective measures to ensure a safe work environment, and whenever possible, enhancing the safety program by suggesting improvements to practices and procedures.
- Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every job, is expected for excellence in health and safety performance.
- We will provide proper equipment and specialized personal protective equipment (unless otherwise stipulated in contracts and/or PPE policy), as well as the appropriate procedures and training for proper use of equipment and specialized personal protective equipment. Personal protective equipment, tools and equipment shall be maintained as per manufacturer recommendations.
- We support and follow all regulations as per the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Act, Regulation and Code, Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB), as well as Manufacturer’s Guidelines. We will ensure all activities performed by the company and its employees will meet or exceed applicable Provincial and Federal regulations together with those of the industry.
- We also ensure the Health and Safety Policy is enforced by regular audits, reviews and inspections, with documentation stored at the main office.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Catapult Environmental Inc. shall strive to do everything reasonably practicable to ensure that all employees return home safely at the end of their workday. The reputation of Catapult Environmental Inc. is also a valued asset. The company expects and requires employees and sub-contractors to commit their best efforts to the company’s success, so that our customers receive services of superior value, which they deserve and expect.
** The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over applicable government legislation with which all employees should be familiar.
Catapult Environmental Inc. is committed to ensure that practical and effective measures are in place to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, sub-contractors, the environment, and the public in all areas of our operations. Management will take reasonable care to provide all mechanical, physical, and training resources required for personal safety and health. In fulfilling this commitment to protect people, property and environment, management will provide a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements. We will strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in property damage, accidents or personal injury/illness. This includes reducing slip, trip and fall hazards whenever possible.
We recognize that the responsibilities for health and safety are shared within our organization. A successful Health and Safety Program must start with proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of management, employees and sub-contractors. It requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between management, employee and sub-contractor, but also between each employee and sub-contractor and his or her fellow employees or sub-contractors. By working together, employees, sub-contractors and management can keep the workplace accident free.